Wednesday, August 19, 2009

PS3 Slim Confirmed! Yesss

Ok--- so I posted a blog earlier which covered the fact that there would possibly be a showing of the new ps3 slim if it existed. So now that Gamecom in germany has been taking place this week Kaz Hirai unveiled the new Sony Playstation 3 slim. After going over its features (which you can see in this clip below) it was said that the new ps3 slim will be available for sale beggining september 1st and the new playstation will also come at a lower cost. From what I can tell the ps3's new design has not really lost much functionality. the biggest difference is that the slim is... well slimmer-- duh. The slim also has traded the touch sensitive eject and power buttons for actual buttons and the hard drive is located on the bottom rather than the side as it previously was on the old ps3 fat-- I think that is the appropriate name for it now. The new slim also has done away with the glossy finish and now has a mat black finish... so that meeans no more worrying about scratching or marking up your playstation with your greasy finger prints. Anyway, I like the design and I think I will have to come out of pocket and grab a new one--- what do I do with my old one Though?

No comments: