Sunday, September 06, 2009

Will PS3 ever get its BC back???

So my Original PS3 gets stolen--- Eventually I break down and go to buy a new one and find out that the friggin thing warns me that it is not capable of playing ps1/ps2 games. "WTF!!" I say loudly in my local Best Buy which prompts a Best Buy sales associate to tend to my eloquent words that I have chosen to bequeath upon the innocent children playing with the Wii next to where I am standing! After some discussion with the sales rep I find that not only have they paired down the BC (Backwards Compatibility) capability, they have also taken the four usb ports down to two and also got rid of the card readers that fit so well under that cool secret door. No wonder Sony was able to drop the price.... Anyway, I don't really care about all of the other peripheral crap but I do care about the BC. So I wrote this just to rant for a moment and to let all of those others out there with this problem that they are not alone..... Sure wish I could play this final fantasy game:(

No comments: